It's the second day of Hari Raya Puasa and all seems quiet and slow today. But I'm glad to note that it's also a bright and sunny afternoon and had just washed my towels as I look forward to the fresh after smell of the lavender detergent on my towels . The day seems to be moving slow as it's still before lunch and I'm just wondering what needs to be done next looking that I'll be spending the rest of the day at home . Then , a thought cross my mind that I've been longing to blog about my high school years for quite sometime now and now have finally found the time and day to do so.
It's been thirteen years now since I've completed my secondary education and have moved on in life to pursue and achieve greater things . As I turn back and ponder on my schooling years , one thing I wish for ( if I'm ever given the chance ) , is to go back to my schooling days be it in the primary or the secondary school level . Alot have I learned on what it means to have basic and good education in order to pursue one's dream in life. Besides this , of course it includes the many friends that we make , good influence and the not so good influence , the smart ones and the not so smart ones as well . I'm glad to declare that my circle of friends is made up of a multi racial and multi religious girls . Yes , I forgotten to mention that I studied in an all girls school. No regrets about it - thanks to my dear parents for making that right choice for me . Some of us still keep in touch over the years and have even occasionally met up for a reunion or two . Some of us have decided to start life anew in a foreign land and as for some of us , have decided to build our families on our very own land and have even sent our children now to the very same school that we have once studied .
My schooling days have been a bitter sweet memory for me as I've been made used by my fellow friends and classmates ( I did not realised that I was being used ) , have even been bullied by one of my classmate's parent ( yup ! this really happened ) , being friends for the first minute then ignoring me the next minute and many , many other experiences that I encounter which is pretty long enough for me to write a book all about it ..... ahem !!!

Convent Bukit Nanas school building. Notice the cross on the tip of the building.

The school logo and the name of the school .
( Secondary School Convent Bukit Nanas Kuala Lumpur )
As for the school building in whole , it's located on a hill top in the heart of the city of Kuala Lumpur called Bukit Nanas ( which means in direct translation - Pineapple Hill ) and it's also a building heritage that has been preserved by the city council. Along the road of Bukit Nanas , four schools are located , the other three being St.John's primary and secondary school ( all boys school ) and Convent Bukit Nanas primary school. Hence , I'm not surprised if some of my classmates got hitched with former Johanians ( as we like to call them ). This is the very same hill that the Menara Kuala Lumpur ( telecommunication tower ) is located . This school has been in existence since 1819 and have seen the many era's of the first and second world war as the school was also turned into a refuge camp for the locals who seeked refuge from the missionary nuns who lived in a adjacent quarters joined together with the school building. Just next to the school is a forest reserved and occasionally had visitors from the forest as well visiting the school grounds. I remember vividly on one particular incident in my classroom which was facing the jungle area , there was actually a python hidden in one of my classmates desk without her even realising it. Can you believe it ???!!! What would have happen if only she discovered that there's a python in her desk ? - I guess she would have gone hysteria . O ! and by the way , the python was discovered by another student in the morning session . And many other adventures incident too involving pythons , monkeys and even human beings who have gone ' screw loose ' in their heads.
I enjoyed our school tradition whereby we are required to sing not only the national anthem and the school song but also additional patriotic songs together with our school pledge on a Monday which also seems to be the longest day of the week . Sighhh........! Well then friends , so here you have it my reminiscing of my school life that I will always continue to cherish and be remembered .
No comments:
Post a Comment