Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lazy ! lazy ! me !!!



As I make this post , I’m sighing loudly at the number reflecting on the weighing scale . Seems to be stagnate the last six months ! Sharks !!! Yes and indeed it’s true I’m talking about my weight and physical appearances which seems to be lacking in physical workout the last few months ( sigh again ) ! I discovered the wonders and beauty of jogging five years ago when someone ( who is two times of a smaller frame than me ) , started jogging around the garden nearby my neighbourhood . So I thought to myself , he is of a smaller frame yet jogs daily to keep fit – shame on me ! So that’s when I told myself that I too will start jogging and work-out as often as possible . Hence , I started on my fitness journey of keeping fit and staying healthy and wallah ! it sure did wonders and justice to my new found appearance and body frame . I was loving every single moment of it . It infact motivated me to wake up an hour earlier than usual just to jog , jump and round about stretching my physical self and I was darn proud of my achievement thus far . And yes I pushed myself the extra mile to jog at least six days a week for at least at a minimum time of nothing less than thirty minutes . Of course , I needed my day off from jogging hence the sleep in days on Saturday whereby I can go on sleeping like a log till the late morning hours ( it was indeed a sheer pleasure of waking up late once a week ) . Then – you have the downhill side of the regimen which started sometime mid of last year when I was feeling so depressed all of a sudden ( wonder what caused that part ) and down in the dumps that took a total of 360 degrees complete turnaround . You see , I did quite a bit of travelling and getting used to the free flow of food ( which was of course was already paid in the travel fare ) , time differences and the biggest battle , getting my eyes to open at the sound of the alarm clock , did not make it any easier for me to start up on my daily jogging routine . Neither the early morning showers ( rainy days ) and hazy air made it any better for me to jog on a wet , muddy and full of puddle garden . I tried to push myself a little further again , getting my body ( and not forgetting my brains too ) , to be in tune with my physical well being and to start exercising all over again . It was an on and off situation , only jogged whenever I feel liked jogging or else it’s back to the late morning rise up routine . It's all about not only feeling lousy but also lazy . When I work out , I somehow feel extra happy , feeling and being good about my wellness and even smiling all the time . Hey - that's true I ain't no kidding about the smiling part :) - I think it's the adrenaline doing....
So it happens that in recent times , the same feeling of laziness and lousiness seems to enraged me like a big storm in the mornings . I'm trying my level best to overcome this ' trouble ' of not exercising or jogging like I usually do and hopefully this ugly pattern of sleeping late and not being able to wake up on time in order to jog and feeling good - fades away and may I be able to take control of my inner strength and start on the crucial yet rewarding routine all over again . And hopefully that starts soon too ! Good luck to me eh ? :)

2 comments:

Terra Shield said...

Yeah... I know, after leaving exercise for a bit, you feel real awful... I need to start back my gym going again this week...

Unicorn Girl said...

Terra Shield : I keep on reminding myself the same thing but always tend to falter along the way ; sob!sob!