Recently , a classmate of mine from high school decided to scan and post a class picture and some other age old pictures from our schooling days on FaceBook . Reading thru the various comments from other fellow classmates and schoolmates alike sure brings back wonderful and good old memories of our days back in school . What more with our school being a historic heritage and has indeed preserved it’s age old architecture frame and nature . The comments made by various other classmates includes such as “ I miss those good old days “ or “ our ever favourite spot – next to the toilets !!! “ or another one “ where’s this person now “ or “ isn’t she married to so and so ? “ and another good one “ picture taken just below the frangipani tree “ or picture taken in the huge noisy school canteen and various other comments continues on………….Looking back the years in school and college , if I was ever given one wish in life – that would be to turn back time back to my schooling days and undo the mistakes that I made back then due to my ignorance and naïve –ness as a teenager . And of course , not forgetting to succeed extra well both in studies and extra curriculum activities .
How’s schooling life treated me thus far – I would say generally and fairly well cause there’s where knowledge has dawn down to me as a blur seven year old school kid and eventually curiosity enhances the rest in me as puberty and aging took it’s place in me . Not forgetting , this is also where all my dear and fellow classmates spoke openly about everything and anything under the sun including boys , sex , teachers ( the good ones and the bad ones too ) , not forgetting ghost stories about the school and also the flasher who just enjoys exposing himself across the rain forest that faces the school hall and classroom and all the girls instead of going berserk like the teacher - actually stands and sees and asks the others “ where is he ? where is he ? “ ( referring to the lunatic flasher ) who then disappears when the school watchman and maintenance people go chasing after him inside the forest as well and many other funny and memory fond about schooling days .
So , as I end this post , tears are trickling down my cheek remembering and cherishing those wonderful and unforgettable good old days back in school . Oh ! how I wish I could just go back in time once again and re-live those wonderful growing up moments ???!!! .
ps/: can u guess the name of that famous school from the bird eye view ?
4 comments:
I can't guess your school's name, alas... but school was good. I had the exact same nostalgic feeling reading the comments on my primary's schools group page on facebook.
those were the good old days, weren't they? unfortunately, we can't bring them back except by some vague memories of those care-free moments, childish pranks & rash decisions.
no, unicorngirl, the mistakes belong to the past & that's where they belong. instead learn from them & move forward with confidence that those mistakes now made you wiser.
Terra - those were the very precious days - eh ? :)
Doc - I agree a whole lot with you Doc , we definetly cannot undo the past , but somehow , I've learnt from my mistakes and learning to live the present wisely :)
Post a Comment