Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Clutter & clatter

Over the past one year since I’ve been transferred to a new department ( no longer new now !!! ) , I wonder how did I manage to put up with my neighbour colleague’s clutter work station . To make matters worse , his physical being becomes a clatter and very often it is a huge disturbance and annoyance to me – the sole victim sitting right next to him ! It’s bad enough that our work has it’s similarities ( only mine being additionally more due to some prior experiences ) , hence it is hard to believe that I somehow managed to put up with his clutter enviroment , messiness and untidiness for the past year . A fellow colleague of mine asked me “ if his place of work is in this state , I can only imagine worst clutter in his apartment “ . You see , this messy colleague of mine happens to be a single 45 year old man , living alone , from out of town and who seems to know every single itcy bit of everything that happens around him from politics to social living to laws and constituency and somehow seems intelligent in some sense except his surroundings and himself . He’s even currently pursuing a degree course in Business Administration and reads books as thick as a Bible !
So ! – the question now is – how did I put up with all of these – simple ! – I’ve already become immune to it as the office is my second home ! no complaints by hey ! isn’t that part of working life ???

4 comments:

doc said...

seriously, if you disregard his "mess", he could be a very interesting, not to mention knowlegeable, person to talk to.

Unicorn Girl said...

Hey Doc ! U r indeed correct about him being a knowlegeable person to talk but not interesting .........

doc said...

ha ha, i have a funny feeling he actually LIKES you!

Unicorn Girl said...

Doc : OH ! come on now !!!