Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Have you counted your blessings ???

It’s already 22 days into the month of December 2009 , 52nd week into the year and we are fast approaching into a new decade of 2010 ………………………how fast time has passes us by since the last ten years ( or so ) and reminding me too that I ain’t getting any younger . This got me thinking as I look back at how many of my peer’s and colleagues who are younger than me have tied the knot or who have given birth in this year alone . Me on the other hand , for the first time ever in my life , being in a relationship which barely lasted 3 months and now thinking that she has fallen in love again in less than two months after her first break up !!! Does this get any depressing further ? Oh yes it does !!! And it’s a long distance relationship !

Besides all of these , I’ve even helped some people along the way this year and some of the deed of kindness got backfired right at my face and I was just wondering , should I continue helping others ? In this situation , I seem to be in a confused state of mind because it’s pretty hard to decide as to how other people judge us . Let me see ; just to compile the many good and bad events that has happen thus far and please allow me to state a brief remark at the end of it all in order to analyse as to how all these made me feel – whether has these shape me to be a better person or broke me into pieces and become a bitter person . So – here it goes ;

1) Mum feel ill and put all of us into a state of shocked !
2) A lunatic / brainless human being lashed out language full of vulgarity and profanity at me !
3) I helped a friend and it got backfired !
4) Fell in love for the very first time and what a disastrous experience it was ! 5) My expenses have burst it’s budget way more than what was planned earlier in the year and now I’m broke !
6) My choir mistress is a real bitch (* I just could not helped it with the language – sorry bout that ! )
7) Justice never prevails anywhere – even in church !
8) The ones closest to you are the ones who has hurt you the most !
9) I’ve failed to control my temper on many occasions this year alone – how embarrassing !
10) I seem to have become a bitter person rather than a better person !


Memorable events ………hmmmmmm………….

1) Got a measly increment ( ok ! ok ! – it’s better than none at all ! )
2) Experience my very first kiss ( finally ! applaud ! applaud ! )
3) I have a wonderful boss ! Thank God for that !
4) Sufficient annual leave as it came in very handy when mum fell ill .
5) Travelling all alone to India .
6) Meeting many wonderful people this year alone !
7) Receiving good news about a free air ticket to a long destination trip scheduled next year .
8) Good friends tying the knot and having babies ! Allelluia !
9) Sister back home for good – now it’s your turn to tie the knot – so don’t wait any longer !
10) Staying in touch with dear and caring friends who keeps ‘ cheering me and pushing me on when life seems to be lifeless !

Well – all seems to be on the balancing side of the scale but yet I’m not satisfied with it ! I sense that something is just not right with this . Anywhere – whether these are good times or bad , I’m truly blessed to be alive , experiencing , embracing and encountering situations like this . I just pray that 2010 brings in more happiness , major life changing experiences , prosperity , blessings both spiritual and material and of course continuous blogging from bloggerland by yours truly :) !

3 comments:

zewt said...

still find it amazing that you went to india all by yourself... nice!

Terra Shield said...

When you put it out like that, life doesn't seem to bad, innit...?

I usually do a review of the year in general towards the end of the year... which reminds me I need to get started soon!

Unicorn Girl said...

Zewt : Neither can I believe it myself too ..........:)


Terra : Yeah -kinda of ........but sure the year could have been better .