, just makes the mistake maker looks like an intelligent fool to the eye . I have to admit , when I was new to the work force , I practically ran away from mistakes or just refuse to admit that it was me who made those mistakes . Later on , after growing up , becoming a little ( or more ) wiser and using wisdom , I've learnt to apologise and to admit ( I'm good at it now !) my mistakes when I've committed one . However , in recent times , making mistake is never an option . We are trained in modern times never ever to make mistakes and then stand there looking not only like a fool but like a looser too . I'm truly greatful for my understanding superiors and seniors who are more than happy to guide me along the way . Like what the head of department recently quoted at our weekly department briefing " share the mistake amongst us so that we can all work together in finding a possible solution and learning something out of it rather than playing the finger game " ( pointing fingers he meant ! ) . How often do we hear our bosses saying that ? Hence , wouldn't you be more bolder to admit your mistakes when it should occur ??? Stupidity is just how one wishes to view themselves otherwise - admitting to one's own error is rather a noble and courageous self esteem . And I'm darn proud to learn something wonderful from the rare occasions of mistakes that happens or that I have committed . Are you ready to admit yours ?
THE PARADOX OF LIFE ; WHO AM I ? “ We recognize that there are no trivial occurrences in life if we get the right focus on them. “ - Mark Twain
Friday, May 7, 2010
Dilbert and stupidity at work
Does this image of stupidity at work gives me more reason to make more silly mistakes ? Definitely a big NO ! NO ! It's always good to learn something essential from our mistakes but sweeping the mistakes under the carpet ( which some of us are pretty good at I must admit ! )
, just makes the mistake maker looks like an intelligent fool to the eye . I have to admit , when I was new to the work force , I practically ran away from mistakes or just refuse to admit that it was me who made those mistakes . Later on , after growing up , becoming a little ( or more ) wiser and using wisdom , I've learnt to apologise and to admit ( I'm good at it now !) my mistakes when I've committed one . However , in recent times , making mistake is never an option . We are trained in modern times never ever to make mistakes and then stand there looking not only like a fool but like a looser too . I'm truly greatful for my understanding superiors and seniors who are more than happy to guide me along the way . Like what the head of department recently quoted at our weekly department briefing " share the mistake amongst us so that we can all work together in finding a possible solution and learning something out of it rather than playing the finger game " ( pointing fingers he meant ! ) . How often do we hear our bosses saying that ? Hence , wouldn't you be more bolder to admit your mistakes when it should occur ??? Stupidity is just how one wishes to view themselves otherwise - admitting to one's own error is rather a noble and courageous self esteem . And I'm darn proud to learn something wonderful from the rare occasions of mistakes that happens or that I have committed . Are you ready to admit yours ?
, just makes the mistake maker looks like an intelligent fool to the eye . I have to admit , when I was new to the work force , I practically ran away from mistakes or just refuse to admit that it was me who made those mistakes . Later on , after growing up , becoming a little ( or more ) wiser and using wisdom , I've learnt to apologise and to admit ( I'm good at it now !) my mistakes when I've committed one . However , in recent times , making mistake is never an option . We are trained in modern times never ever to make mistakes and then stand there looking not only like a fool but like a looser too . I'm truly greatful for my understanding superiors and seniors who are more than happy to guide me along the way . Like what the head of department recently quoted at our weekly department briefing " share the mistake amongst us so that we can all work together in finding a possible solution and learning something out of it rather than playing the finger game " ( pointing fingers he meant ! ) . How often do we hear our bosses saying that ? Hence , wouldn't you be more bolder to admit your mistakes when it should occur ??? Stupidity is just how one wishes to view themselves otherwise - admitting to one's own error is rather a noble and courageous self esteem . And I'm darn proud to learn something wonderful from the rare occasions of mistakes that happens or that I have committed . Are you ready to admit yours ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment