Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why I buy branded stuff for myself ............???

A very simple and straight to the point answer to that question - well if I don't pamper myself or indulge in satisfying my own desires and cravings ( material stuff I mean ! ) , who else do you think is gonna do it for me huh ??? I work hard and extra hard for my money hence I find no harm in buying myself little or not so little luxuries for the fashion and brand sense of it or just plainly to show off what I own . From Swatch to Esprit watches to Sembonia and Polo handbags and tote bags , it's all just pure satisfaction and attention. It's just like , saving up all your earnings for later part in life after retirement only to discover that you are not able to enjoy life's little pleasure because of some unforeseen illness or financial crisis . If you do not enjoy life now , when will you ever will ? But then again , there will eventually come a time when you feel that you have more than enough and then the hoarding begins. Hoarding for unnecessary stuff from handbags to shoes , from dresses to tops , from books to magazines , practically everything and anything under the sun ! Just know and understand your limits and never go beyond your limits.
To save up my earnings ........well I'm doing that too - practically 20% of my earnings is set aside for savings . What's left ( sometimes ) is just a minimal excess . To splurge on a branded good once in a way , just brings out some sort of a happy hormones ( is there's such a thing ? ) in me . So , you see , it's not so bad after all , isn't it ?
I really envy those who fancies receive branded stuff on normal occasions like birthday's or festive times or even just to make someone feeling happy . Well , my recent birthday , I received a lovely white Sembonia handbag. If you only understood what my feelings were receiving a branded stuff such as that handbag ....aaawwwwww.........:) This does not happen often to me hence once or even maybe twice a year , I treat myself to some other branded accessory or stuff just to make myself feel and look good . Is that an offence ? I don't think so . Hence , all's ok to treat yourself ( just make sure you do not use the credit card - lol ! )to some extra expensive purchases and feel exquisitely expensive - wink ! wink !.

4 comments:

Terra Shield said...

Yup... I think if you're not tied to 'big investments' you should certainly pamper yourself occasionally..

doc said...

the happy hormones are called endorphins.

here's wishing you'll always have plenty of them!!

Unicorn Girl said...

Terra : occasionally is the word and thank goodness - never a habit.

Unicorn Girl said...

Doc : thanks for the clarification. Enjoy while the time is here .