Friday, July 22, 2011

Tales from the grave.........ooooooo...........

I’ m really sure that I’ve never mentioned here on this blog before – that I actually reside and sleep on former cemetery grounds . Unbelievable rite ? Well , it’s actually like this , the ground that I sleep on now stands a four storey community hall and private residence on which I’m located at the basement with another neighbour . Still not convince ? OK ! ok ! so I thought – the cemetery ground was active back in the 1800’s and early ninety nineteen’s after which all tomb stones and graves were moved to the now overcrowded Cheras Christian cemetery . Still not convince ? Then maybe this next eerie true story ( from my personal experience ) , hope will convince you . When we first moved into this new building some twenty one years ago , space was limited and some of us – meaning my siblings and I were sharing mattress on the ground – yes on the floor itself . The floor was darn icy cold and very often , one can hear all sorts of funny sound and even see strange images moving across the windows outside . Very often , when this happens , my siblings and sometimes even myself , tend to fall sick because of the coldness of the floor . No , I was never scared of the dark and the strange sounds because I really enjoyed the silence of the evening ( besides the strange sounds of course ) . But what happened after that , we had to split between two houses on the other end of the compound in order to give us additional space ( and beds too ) to move about and sleep on . Hence , it has been that way ever since .

What about now you may ask , well as for now , the backyard of my own room ( use to share it with my sister ) , is now a little plantations of banana tress , papaya tress , curry leaf trees and other types of flowers and plants . Do I still hear those strange noises , well , yes I still do but all I can do for now is just scoffed off those noise which the wavering trees and plants often contribute too and wild imagination of mine ( or so I thought ) and just pray and wash my feet before I call it a day . Has it bother me in any way , well , sometimes it does especially when I’m sound asleep and suddenly a loud thud or cling jerks me up from my sleep – which after that I’m eventually wide awake till my alarm bell goes off .

But one thing I wish for has never happened till this day – encountering or communicating with the ‘ other soul ‘ from the ‘ other world ‘ . Yet to happen ……….heeheeheee & who knows – maybe it will – one fine day ……….










1 comment:

doc said...

hmm....lots of land around the house. invite me for your garden party?