Hola people ! How has everyone been lately ? Good ? Ecstatic ? Wonderful ? Great ? All positives vibes and none to complain about ?
U must be thinking that I’m crazy – rite ? Well , I’ve just decided to lighten up the mood a tad bit for today and hopefully , in the coming days as well .
Well , you see , I’ve been receiving news of deaths for the past couple of days . Coincidentally , Christians celebrate the feast of All Souls day in the month of November . Yes – we pray for the dead just like the Chen Beng festival celebrated by the people of the Buddhist faith .
News of 3 deaths since the last seven days – what does this mean ? Death waits for no man . And why did I say it’s a celebration ? ! – well it’s basically to celebrate the life of a person who has gone before us , basically , to thank God for the gift of a precious life in our midst . And mind you , these three people are all man who died of natural causes and one of them was a very unexpected death – heart attack at the age of 54 leaving behind a wife and two teenage sons .
Anyhow , death aside since all of us will eventually leave this world only not knowing the time , otherwise – how’s life with you ? Hope all is well .
Just to share with you a simple gesture of appreciation which really caught me by surprise . Sometimes at night , either my father or myself , we take turns or lately , I undertook the responsibility of throwing the daily household waste just down across the road from home . Since it has been a pretty wet night the last couple of days , I will usually do the trash just to save my father the energy and the walk and what more walking down a slippery road and soggy field . So , last night I did the trash as usual and just as I approached the main garbage area , the garbage truck came just in time to collect the already overflowing garbage in the area . I waited till the guys collected the rest and eventually wanting to throw a garbage bag into the garbage truck myself that I had in my hand , the guy was kind enough to take the trash from my hand and I thanked him for it . To my surprise ! he replied ‘ your welcome ‘ in English and mind you , this guy was a young foreign chap ! Yup – not a Malaysian but a foreigner . I just had to turn around and smile at him for that politeness of acknowledging my gratitude because as always , I don’t expect people to acknowledge when I say thanks ! But the fact that this guy , being in a profession which very often people look down on – not knowing that it also provides food on the table and a roof above their heads , knows and understands appreciation and gratitude . Yet , there are so many others who often takes this profession of others for granted . Can you ever imagine what will happen if we do not have garbage collector to collect all our garbage’s and disposables , what will our residential area be like ? Can you and I ever live with that foul garbage smell if ever our garbage collectors decides to go on strike ? Don’t just look and criticize and be judgmental but think again the worth of a human being . However , if there is one flaw in a human being be it you or me or that humble garbage collector , sad to say , it’s often time we forget how much we are worth . And I’m truly humble by this whole experience.
Ps/: the garbage collector’s acknowledgement , made my nite ;P
No comments:
Post a Comment