Thursday, February 27, 2014

Asking too much .............

"  YOU CAN NEVER GET ENOUGH OF WHAT YOU DON'T NEED TO MAKE YOU      HAPPY  "   - Eric Hoffer  
OK , I really need to get this straight once and for all ; isn't asking people to buy you this or that with or without giving money in advance for the purchases , a wrong thing to do ? I dunno about you , but personally , I believe that is just so wrong and it only brings down oneself so low to the extend of being labelled as an extreme cheapskate .
What do i do when I really want or desire for something ? I will ask myself ten times or more repeatedly ; " do I really need it ? "  , " do I really want it ? " " Can I live without it ? "  After much thought provoking and self questioning myself again , and if I still find myself daydreaming and fantasizing about that desired material thing , I will honestly and surely work towards it . How ? 
  • Pray about it
  • Discuss with your close pals or family about it 
  • Start saving $$$
  • Check where you can purchase it for a good bargain
  • Wait for the right time to purchase it                                                                                                      
Chances are ,  after having doing the above , your desire for that material will eventually fade away . But if you still find yourself thinking about it , just wait for the right time to make that purchase .

It really irritates me when people ( most often they happen to be friends and not family ) asks me for this or for that . no sense of shame at all what more having the guts to ask ...........and the most interesting part , no money is mentioned at all ! Hello ???  You think that the stuff that you want is gonna drop down from the sky ?! PLEASE ! learn to live and be grateful with what you already have . Because the poor friends that I have , are already complacent and never have asked for anything at all unless they are offered upon .

No comments: