Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Obsession ; Bobby Brown

I can't recall exactly the very moment I decided to give Bobbi Brown a try in her make-up products . I have always been the faithful Avon kind of girl ----- in fact , for many years would never have considered a different kind of brand for any occasions . I remember trying my first few make-up products during some  ' beauty exploration ' session  and became quite helplessly besotted with a few bold and pretty shades from Bobbi Brown and  Maybeline ( in particular ) . It wasn't until I came using the unique products ( lip-gloss and lip-stick ) that I decided to seriously consider getting all beauty products Bobbi Brown . Until I happily discover that one doesn't have to only pick one red !







From my reading through the beauty magazines , blogs and websites , every beauty junkie especially a red lippy lovers seem to swear by one particular method of application to ensure long-lasting , smudge-proof red lips with a radiating look . Something to do with blotting - I believe so . More so for lip-care and kissable lips concept . Let's see if I can still remember the steps :
  1. Always prep your lips before application: buff if needed, apply lip balm for soft, moisturized lips. Some would advise to blot any excess lip balm, to avoid the lips being too slippery for the color to stay. Cracked lips is a major no-no for red lips.
  2. Line your lips with a pencil lip liner, to avoid the color bleeding out of your lip constraint. Nobody wants to look like a clown, unless you are on a clown assignment.
  3. Apply your red lipstick whatever you prefer. I like my MAC retractable lip brush for precise application especially for the cupid's bow but I do tend to apply straight from the tube otherwise. There is no rules. Just yours.
  4. Blot once (or twice) with a thin tissue paper or an index card. Or plain A4 paper, anything.
  5. Some beauty experts recommend dusting translucent powder on your lips for better staying power. I haven't tried this trick yet.
  6. Re-apply your second coat of red lippy. 
  7. To help pop the color even more, some beauty experts also recommends applying a one shade lighter concealer around your lips. I don't do this either -- I am scared to pop anymore color!
  8. And, to avoid red/bleeding teeth -- pull your clean index finger through your lips (imagine you are smoking your finger and drag the finger out slowly) this will remove the pigments from staining your teeth. Sounds weird but this works !
And voila ------ you should have yourself a good red lips to go .

No comments: