Saturday, January 30, 2016

TECHNOLOGY ! - it blew me away

I did some much-needed furniture-shifting in my bed room this morning. I probably should have done some more elsewhere but I couldn't resist parking myself on my newly found lazy spot; in the end corner of my queen size bed . Fridays are my relaxing days which I intend on spending reading and thinking of nothing at all. Now, did I ?
A gratis L'Occitane hand cream is a good enough reason for me to part with my hard-earned money next month. I don't buy fashion magazines that often anymore, only if they have really nice free stuff with it or on this particular occassion: Keira Knightly was on the front cover and it was quite a jumbo issue, stuffed with great insight into the world of women and fashion. Plus, I am suffering from a lot of guilt for reading non-academic materials these days. I have stacks of BJP unopened and unread still. Shame on me !

Anyways, Malaysian Women's Weekly is getting to the top of my magazine list. I don't buy any other magazines like of Vogue or Elle anymore. I am always looking for fashion magazines with some substance and In Style used to be one of those, only that for some reason I feel that In Style is getting really thin and I fear that it's not worth my money. Like I said, I bought the October edition because it looked thick and because of that pretty girl called Keira. I figured, this better be a good read. I wasn't disappointed. I was also pleasantly impressed by Marie Claire's attempt to assimilate technology into beauty and fashion. Have you ever heard of QR reader? Well, this was my first.
With the QR reader, you will be able to read the code that will direct you to a webpage, instead of typing the corresponding http://whatever. I have come across barcode reader for iPhone before where you could obtain the price of the items scanned on a number of website like amazon etc. It is pretty clever and innovative. Just like the barcode scanner, QR reader app can be downloaded from your iPhone apps store FOC and you can start scanning. In the current Marie Claire edition, a number of featured articles were accompanied by some backstage videos. By scanning the QR code, you will be directed to the video without further ado.

No comments: