THE PARADOX OF LIFE ; WHO AM I ? “ We recognize that there are no trivial occurrences in life if we get the right focus on them. “ - Mark Twain
Friday, March 14, 2008
As the weekend begins ......
and in a short while , I will be taking off to a serene and secluded area up a greenery hills away from this bustling and polluted city . Yup , I have decided to help out this weekend at a retreat for people who are on a journey in life to discover their sense of direction in life spiritually and mentally . It's rather a question that needs to answered by these group of young adults - as I refer them - themselves , is this what spirituality is all about ? Is this the religion which always speaks about loving and praying for your enemies ? Who is this man JESUS that others a talking about so much that He was even willing to die on the cross for his friends and forgive those who killed Him ? In a lay man's mentality , I will definetly think twice if not three times before giving up my life for another person . So coming back to the main subject here , I'm actually looking forward to the weekend because I 'm too , eager to share about my faith with others who are still doscovering it since I've been born into my faith and even the generations before me are also of the same faith and same God and to tell and share with this group of adults the true meaning of LOVE and FORGIVENESS . It's going to be one hell of a weekend as there are many things that still has not been finalised and the venue , is still not set up !!! O my ! So then , as the forty days of Lent comes to a close and as we move on to a new week ahead into the Easter Triduum , the most important date in the Christian calender , let us set aside our differences , our ignorance , our selfishness and start thinking of ways to make this Easter to reach out somewhere out there to a lonely soul who is still searching for the true meaning of life . So how's your weekend coming along ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment