What have I learned over a spiritual and fun-filled weekend with a bunch of adults who are getting to know who the Man is ? The man that I’m referring to is JESUS . Yup ! I have to admit it , it was indeed a beautiful weekend whereby I shared my faith with others , my journey as a cradle Catholic and how I live one day at a time with my Savior that others are longing to know of and to love the God of love Himself .
But I have to also admit that my faith was practically put to the test within this two days as I had to encounter all types of people , behaviour , tempers were flaring among team members , voiced raised , etc.etc.etc . Well , how did this all change me you may asked ? mmmm……! To be a witness to the life of others , in what we as broken individuals had to endure through life , thick and thin , sweet and bitter , narrow and winding roads and not forgetting , be a shoulder for someone who really needs a good cry . I’m grateful and privilege to be there for someone who needed a shoulder to cry on. I tell myself , Lord I have been thru this as I journey on a single life path but that does not stop me to make a difference to others. It was also a moment to behold as I witness an open invitation of forgiveness when one individual actually ask forgiveness in front of others from another individual who were entangled with war of words with each other just the nite before concerning some misarrangement of meals and money . Wow! What a moment ! If this happens to be me in that situation whereby I’m accused of not doing the job , I would have definetly walked out right away. That’s me . To me , forgiveness does not happen overnight . It takes time , a very long time , a process which requires me to pray and pray and put my imagination to the positive side of things. Reality bites but that’s truly who I am.
As we enter into the most sacred part of the time of the year and approach Good Friday , it has kept me thinking what is the real purpose of JESUS dying on that cross that day .Then again , didn’t He do that to save me and you from the eyes and hands of the enemy ? ! And that includes forgiving those who have hurt me in many ways , many times over and over again . Are you ready to forgive today ?
No comments:
Post a Comment