Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dedicated to the one I love !!!




I bet you at the title of my post you may be wondering if this post is going to be about the other half of me ?! Well , sorry to say again that this post is not about the other half of me but rather it's to all the special " ladies " out there . Since we are still in the month of May , not only dedicated to all mothers but also not forgetting , to the special Lady in Blue too . Yes and I'm definetly referring to the Mother of God and our mother too. Not too long ago , you would have read my other post on ' The Special Man in my Life ' . Since then , I was thinking isn't it time that I also write up a post about ' The Special Women in my Life ' but with a slightly different title - so then this post is specially dedicated to all women who has left footprints in my life , pretty painful lessons and experiences in my life that definetly makes living everyday a blessing and also experience that was shared to me about their life's lessons.
First , the very Lady that I turn to everyday of my life thanking her for allowing her Son to be crucified on the Cross to save a wretched human being like you and me from our sins and who always bring forth our prayer request and petition before the gates of heaven is none other than the Blessed Virgin Mary . Yes the Mother of Christ herself . Not too long ago , I've drifted away from praying the Rosary because of the many events in life which did not give me much time to spend in prayer. But it was after having read a book called " 101 Inspirational Stories of the Rosary " which brought me back to my dear Mother more closer than ever before and ever since then , I have not stop praying the Rosary daily which has also helped me in someway to stay away from temptation and sin. I will not let a single day to pass me by without even turning to her and thanking her for being the Mother of Christ. Of course then , the next lady who comes along behind her is my very own dear mother. She has gone through the hardships of life being the only daughter to her parents and having grow up in a very small neighbouring area in Kuala Lumpur , she knew what it was like growing up with strict parents , saving every piece of penny that is earned , together with my father , having feed more than eleven mouths ( of course this is when we were all very small having our grandmother living with us ) , being a housewife at a tender age of eighteen , putting up with gossipping neighbours and church-goers and practically everything that only a mother knows having to bring up nine children . She makes sure that we learn life's lesson the hard way - meaning to say if we don't listen to her advice , she will allow us to do whatever we want to do and when it does not turn put the right way , she will keep quiet and not nag us ' i told you so ' as we would have understand what she meant all along that doing this or doing that is not right or it may just backfire . I pray to God that He continues to bless her everyday for the many sacrifice that she has made for us her family and even for the people around her be it her friends of stranger. Another interesting lady that I would like to bring to your attention is none other than the ever famous talk show host - Oprah Winfrey. Why I have chosen her to be the lady who has left an impact in my life is because through her show's , she has left impact in other people's life be it young or old , rich or poor , black or white , famous or a commoner and so on and so forth so that's why I truly emulate a great women like her . Despite she being a billionaire just by hosting a talk show host and even having open a school for girls in Africa some years ago , she has taken that risk and challenge to go the extra mile to change people's life and even destiny. When ordinary lay people appear on the Oprah show , they start off by saying " I was watching the Oprah show " and that's where the idea came from - can you believe it , just by watching her show , millions of viewers around the world have taken examples and steps to move forward and change their own life just as how Oprah has changed people's life. Other ladies that I cannot forget who has left unforgettable life lessons in my life personally is none other than my high school teachers and my sisters as well. I guess it is some sort of passing down the legacy from one generation to the next .

Many people came and go in our life's but very few leaves behind life's lessons and impact in our own life that we can only remember for ages to come .

No comments: