THE PARADOX OF LIFE ; WHO AM I ? “ We recognize that there are no trivial occurrences in life if we get the right focus on them. “ - Mark Twain
Sunday, June 1, 2008
People that come and go ...................
Just last weekend , I had a spiritual awakening. What is a spiritual awakening one may ask - well , to me , a spiritual awakening is when I had the opportunity to share my thoughts and feelings with people of the same faith as I am and also with people who are not of the same faith as I am and to interact in a way that one may seem to share alot about ones experiences of life - be it spiritual or non-spiritual. I had an amazing privilege to listen and to share my thoughts with a group of senior citizens - ahem and yes they are all above the age of fifty five years and up - and no I'am not kidding because this is for real. There was even a time when the discussion got a little bit out of hand because of too many experiences and ideas are being expressed and I had to take charge and bring these lovely golden people back to their senses and back to the present topic that is being talked and shared about. It's definetly not easy taking charged of the whole situation - yikes !
Regular faces and strangers alike - different people have different stories to be told. Don't we all have a life story to be shared with others ? I'm most certainly sure that we all do. I had the privilege of meeting some wonderful people - and why do I say wonderful , because this one kind gentleman , was very gentle despite being a little " crowd " shy but yet assuaring me with his words of comfort and assuarance that I was desperately in need for that moment . And he eventually continued with his very assuaring words over the week as we continue to keep in contact through e-mels. Mind you , this person is a man of high profile in society and the corporate world but yet never unassuming of his other softer yet gentle side of him. I must say it was indeed a God given privilege getting to know this wonderful person. As for others , some young faces from the other groups who were pretty much keeping to their own ' cliques ' , maybe due to shyness or not wanting to getting to know others around them and only speak when spoken to. But I went out of my way and eventually became not only a smiling face to them but also a friendly one too - ( ps /: I don't mean to blow my own trumpet but that is a fact =) ). Another eye-opener was , I did not realise that I had actually made an impact on one particular individual that she actually begin to open up to me and started sharing with me her life's trials and troubles and even broke down in tears ( bless you my friend ) . How can I have touched a life and heart of another individual - I haven't got the slightest clue myself at all ! ={ . I pray for this particular person , that she will now learn and understand that life is after all not a bed of roses . All of us a creation of the same Creator. Do you think that our Creator will abandon us just like that ? You are completely wrong . Your existence in this universe is for a reason. It is just that , we need to go in search for that reason. I for example , am in still in search for my direction in life . Different people have different thoughts and feeling . So please do not ever once think that you are alone . You are never alone. I have you and you have me .
Looking back and as I ponder what this weekend meant to me , it's the power of the Spirit of God which is at work. All we need to do is only to surrender and have faith. So , this is the true spiritual awakening that I had experience and will truly cherish in time to come. Have you had your spiritual awakening yet ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment