THE PARADOX OF LIFE ; WHO AM I ? “ We recognize that there are no trivial occurrences in life if we get the right focus on them. “ - Mark Twain
Friday, May 29, 2009
Living on self-pity
People living on self-pity is what drives me bongkus and irritating in recent times . And I'm speaking about able bodied , grown up ( or oversized ) man and women . Physically , perfectly normal , seems pretty healthy , dresses ok ( if not too good ) , carries a bag ( not a branded one though ) , clean cut shaven , hair tied up neatly and yet have the cheek to ask for money from passersby .....??? Well , may I tell you Mister / Miss , we work hard for our money , independently , facing thru the thick and thin of life challenges and you come up to us asking ( and sometimes demanding too ) to give you charity money ......? Money never grows on trees - we toil hard for them and if I can do it why not you...??? Well , sorry to say this , but my money will only go to charity thru the proper channel and not directly into your hands and purses ! In general , people who come up to me and asks for money for whatsoever reasons ( and this is referring to someone who is perfectly healthy and normal ) , I have no regards neither respect for them . On the other hand , they too have no shame at all to be approaching us for money . But then again , what if this situation happens to be a really pitiful sight of a beggar , in most cases , I 'll definetly not give away money as well but if the beggar is a handicapped - yes and in most cases , I will give him or her a dollar or two. But in recent times , these con man and women who have come up asking for money are not handicapped but are just merely lazy and living on free money . Living on self-pity is a major sin . Even Adam had to work hard for a living . Well , sometimes I wonder what the world will be like if it were not filled with beggars , poor people , mentally unstable people , liars , con-men & women and so on and so forth ............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment