Saturday, August 22, 2009

Never too young , never too old


This post is a day late hence some of my sentence may sound as in the present tense . Being a hectic Friday and the start of a weekend , I decided to take a stroll to my favourite shopping destination after work which is not too far away from my work place - just to get my mind off work and life . Not to shop but rather just for window shopping purpose and to have a nice fine dining all by myself at my favourite food court located at this favourite shopping centre. After dinner , I just decided to walk about from one floor to another floor and slowly drifted into a departmental store looking if not admiring the many cute and adorable toys on display . Was just considering should I get something for my little niece who's birthday is just around the corner . Then I thought , nah !!! maybe some other time . Then I moved on to another floor - my personal favourite - the ladies accessories floor where one find's practically everything that a women wants at this level eg. handbag's , shoes , scarf , jewellery etc.etc.etc . Then , at one corner of the floor , there you have the make up section and all other toiletries that a women needs ( to live with :] ) As I turn a glance , to my amazement , I saw a group of elderly ladies whom I assume are a bunch of tourist , checking out the branded cosmetics on display and mind you , these group of ladies seems old enough to be grandmother's ! They were not only checking out the huge range of cosmetics but also testing some of the brands out ! Astonishing ! I just thought to myself , I guess it's never too old ( or too young ) to be looking beautiful or being at your very best for the opposite gender . Personally , I will never spend or waste money on cosmetic product range as I feel it does more harm than good to one's look and skin . Then again , maybe these ladies felt that it's better to spend alot on $$$ at their golden years rather than saving it for their next of kin ! After all , who am I to question their credibility in looking good ? Everyone , in her or his own right deserve's to treat themselves well and good .
Just to end this on another note , as I was on my way back home later in the evening , it started pouring cats and dogs and as I got down off the bus , I just decided to enjoy the rain droplets on my skin as I also forgot to carry along my umbrella in my favourite tag-along bag . The rain smelt and felt nice to end my cooling Friday .

2 comments:

Terra Shield said...

Kudos to those ladies for doing what they should. Everyone has the right to feel beautiful. I, on the other hand can't stand make-up. A certain brand of lipstick actually makes my lips swell to puffer fish proportions!

Unicorn Girl said...

Yes and indeed I agree with you Terra ! It's a natural desire to feel and look beautiful :)