Diaries , notebooks , journals and in modern times PDA's , organizers , Blackberry devices etc.etc.etc. are all in someway connected with one another . Only difference , back then it was all done in hand writing and now , it's all done in a click of a finger , all computerized and energy saver additional equipped with backups . One thing in common , we note or should I just say it as ' penned down ' the daily happenings of our life ever since we were kids , teenager and even into adulthood about our daily life happenings , events , love stories , sorrows , betrayals , trust and the list goes on . I remember having or rather owning a diary too as a teenager . Well the purpose I had one is not because I wanted to own one but rather I was given one as a gift at Christmas by a friend hence since then , I've just decided to penned down some thoughts , beautiful poems and even prayer poems that I found meaningful and prayerful. Besides all of these , yes and I've also written down my dreams for the future ,the perfect man ( does he even exists ???!) , my ambition , my liking and other day dreaming and longings in this colourful , feminine and a typical teenage like diary ( once upon a time ! ) By the way , I still have that diary/diaries - just did not have the heart to throw it away - it seems to hold some dear sentimental values and memories that is just worth cherishing and reminiscing when I'm all old and grey .....................it's sad in some ways to know that as we grow older , our priorities change , from socializing and less quality time with the family and now to more ' to-do list ' to be accomplished , stability in finances , that perfect job search , change in status and socializing , getting connected or having connection that we think may come in handy when the need arises at some point of time in our life and that all of these does not in any way gives us the chance and opportunity to maintain notes or diaries of our daily happenings . Rather , we have what we call it in today's modern term ' management diary ' or should I just rephrase that to e-diary ( e - electronic ) - full and fill up with appointments with clients , endless and time waster meetings , unnecessary discussions , non-essential and uninformative e-mails and the list goes on even with the twinkle of an alarm or reminder tone or music to keep us updated , informed , reminding and eventually controlling our life's as well .
Whatever happen to the days when diaries was all about keeping records of wonderful happenings in our life or in the life of a loved one ? Whatever happen to the days when diaries are used to penned down those mysterious events and real life stories happenings to us or around us ? What about reminders of birthdays , anniversaries and cherished moments of every single joy and sorrow ? What happen to the days when having a diary was just all about the passion of having one , writing fun fill stories and living the true zest for life fill with colourful and unique notes and phrases ?
Dear Diary ,
I just wish that life would be simple , plain and fill with bountiful of never ending laughter and smile and wish that it was not so confused and complicated . If I was given a chance to turn back the clock dear Diary , I want to live my childhood days all over again where everything and everyone around me was fill with so much of love and joy and million of smiles .
Dear Diary , I just wish that time does not passes us by too soon.
Your lone companionship - Ms Unicorn Girl
No comments:
Post a Comment