The fact remains that despite me being born in the late seventies ( well almost ) , and I just cannot stop listening to the songs of the eighties and even dreaming about eating snacks from the eighties . Wanna reminisce some favourites from the eighties ? A blast from the past ???
You know you grew up in the eighties when ; -
1) Apple was also a computer name and programme .
2) Africa was a name of a song sung by the group Toto .
3) A mannequin was for real ! [ the movie I mean ]
4) The sound of the roti man's honk in the evenings around the neighbourhood - it's time to buy bread and buns .
5) Chicago was also a name of a pop group but I was more interested in the leading voice - Peter Cetera - wink ! wink !
6) Central Market was a wet market selling fish , chicken and all stuff wet .
7) Mountbatten road is now known as Jalan Tun Perak . To me it's still Mountbatten road !
8) There was no such thing as ' yeay rite ! ' .
9) or KLCC or Pavilion or Mid Valley .
10) David Copperfield was an illusionist with an evil look !
11) Silver Spoon was actually a comedy about teenage life .
12) Happy Days had a cool guy by the name of Fonzie ! - my personal favourite .
13) Hawaii Five-O was actually a police drama and I just don't understand why I was crazy about Jack Lord - lol !
14) She-Ra , Thundercats and He-Man were all my favourite heroes for real .
15) Dirty Harry equals to Clint Eastwood !
16) twist is a disco dance tune and not a snack !
17) smurfs are blue colour little people.
18) the Weld was a swimming pool and not a commercial building .
19) LA Law was the only real law tv series with loads of love dramas on and off screen.
20) and I thought ladies get pregnant by just wearing a wedding ring - LOL !!!
2 comments:
I remember most of these... (except Mountbatten Road, that is)
Glad to note that Terra . U can ask ur parents ( if they are KL natives ) if they remember Mountbatten Road :) .
Post a Comment