Rhyme's pretty good eh ? By right , it should sound something like this " the leg ain't so great after a stumble down the tumble . " Sounds better ??? Well , this is actually referring to my recent leg crisis that I endured after having read about zewt's leg ' adventure ' . I'm lucky to note that mine was not as bad as zewt's one but on the other hand , glad to note that zewt is recovering well and good :)
As for mine so to speak , it was due to a fitness regime . I have been brisk walking uphill for 3 months then , when the incident of the sprained ankle accured. Yes - I somehow managed to squeeze in time on weekday mornings for brisk walking up a hill . But on Saturdays - it being a weekend - I tend to include other extras such as staircase exercise and on spot jogging . The accident of my sprained left ankle happened while walking down the staircase when I was attempting to adjust my inner singlet which got stuck to my earphones - missed the steep step and down I went flat on my butt and my ankle taking a painful twist at an instant ! Ouchhh !!! oh yes - what a painful twist it was . I did not have my handphone with me , not a single coin to make a phone call despite not seeing any public phone booth anyway nearby - so what to do ??? I waited for a while , calmed myself down , massaged my weakened ankle and slowly made my way home ( which seems rather unusually long on that day ! ) . By the time I got back home , my ankle and lower leg area was all swollen and the pain started creeping in by mid day and the limp walking begins............This happened on a Saturday , just 3 days before my birthday - lol ! I only consulted the doctor on a Monday when I went in to work and to the doctor's horror , she asked " what happened ? " " Why the unusual bulge ? " I was just wondering - isn't that your job to find out ??? Went in for an X-ray only to discover that there was no broken bones but rather a bone gone off balance - not dislocated either but just a bone with a mind of its own - that's what I was told off so don't blame me for the medically mis-interpreted term for what was just to be a sprained ankle . Unfortunately , I was not able to get a sick leave because it was the last two working days of the month and there's no way I can be absent from work during critical time of the month . Hence , despite being in an ankle guard , I still had to walk and work in pain for the next one month and more.........And eventually putting on the weight too when the brisk walking had to abruptly be interrupted by the ankle injury.
The ankle injury aside , a month ago I noticed that my right leg big toe nail changed colour from the usual pink to grey and somewhat seems hollow ! Imagine my suspicious when I started comparing the other toe nails to this big one . What I did not realise was that , there was a new nail growing underneath the hollow one hence the top nail which is the old nail started bloating up and the changed in colour . I went to consult the first panel and he said - give it ( the old nail ) some more time to grow before it can be cut off . I was just wondering how can a rotten nail possibly grow any further when it's already rotten ???!!! He just gave me a gel with some handy plast to be placed around the rotten and sent me off. Well - what do you know - barely two days applying the gel on the rotten nail , the nail started coming off on it's own ! I went in again four days later to the very same panel and convinced him that it's about time he got rid of that rotten nail and guess what was his bloody reply ??? - " I don't have a strong scissor to cut it out now and you will definitely be in great pain " ! WTF ???!!!
Hell with that bloody doctor and I headed off to another panel and guess what ??? All he had to do was just take one look at my toe nail and immediately he called in his nurse to bring in all the required dressing instruments ( which was only a simple looking medical scissor which seems to me that it can be gotten in any pharmacy ) and removed the toe nail in less than ten minutes without any pain ! Now , will someone please tell me what do they actually teach in a medical school about removing a rotten toe nail ??? Much to my relieve , now my big toe nail is with a rather unusual small nail making its way up in a normal way and back to its normal colour . And what have I learnt from this silly experience ? Always a ' must ' to immediately get a second opinion even when it concerns mini or minor medical issues such as these . And lucky me that this wasn't a serious issue to be worried about as I opted for a more well known physician to look into my medical needs .
My only regret now - not being able to walk in my usual sexy and colourful stilettos and open mouth pumps since the last four months and have been in a rather modest and sometimes kiddie looking boring colour sandals . Imagine - wearing a micro mini skirt with flat brown colour sandals to work - lol !
4 comments:
show picture of micro mini-skirt?
;)
Ouch!
doc : another post-lah !
Terra : now no pain. back then - extreme ouchhhhh.......
Post a Comment