Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Karl Lagerfeld

Karl who ???!!! Well , that's the very same question I asked when this much talked about fashion designer became a household name not only in Europe but all over the world too .
Lagerfeld , German born fashion designer, artist and photographer based in Paris, France. He has collaborated on a variety of fashion and art related projects, most notably as head designer and creative director for the fashion house Chanel. Lagerfeld helms his own label fashion house, as well as the Italian house Fendi.

I always thought that this fashion icon was an Italian by nationality . But and as usual , I was proven wrong when I went on my holiday to Germany last year . The entertainment channel seems to be concentrating alot about him on his latest spring and summer collection ( back then it was the start of spring and summer ) . And so I told my sister that this Italian fellow is a man of few words . Then my sister said ' my foot ! ' . He's not an Italian - he's a German silly ! Can't you read it from his first and second name as in K-A-R-L L-A-G-E-R-F-E-L-D ?! And it's not spelt using C but K - typical German grammar. And I went " Oh ! I never knew that ! " .
And so that's how the campwhoring and excitement about Lagerfeld all begin - loud SIGH !

No comments: