I’ve always been very good at managing and covering up stress and my worries; Well , let’s just put it this way ; I always ask God to give me the strength to persevere on in whatever I do just like Samson – only difference – Samson got his strength from God by having long locks . My hairstyle – boy crop ! Heeheehee – ok ! ok ! enough about Samson and hairstyles , moving along …………… I’m really good at stress that people often called me ‘ bionic woman ‘ ! Yup ! – bionic woman both at work and home .
I have people telling me too that I always look tired – funny how my face shows the tiredness to others but I’m feeling nothing unusual – I’m feeling just alrite . Perhaps because I think that if you allow your worries to take centre stage in your life, you’re better off being dead because it’s just going to eat up your life - what’s the use of breathing if you’re not living? Rite ? My facial expression is always cheerful and smiley on the outside but it’s another tale on the inside .
Somehow over the weekend, I finally felt overwhelmed with all that’s been going on over the past few months and I just needed to let a few drops of tears roll down my cheeks. Often times you’re so tired of everything you just don’t want to talk about it what more think about it .
I’m currently reading a book called Life Is Worth Living by Bishop Fulton J Sheen , and he says in the book ,
“ A human being is very complex , made up of body and soul , flesh and spirit , sensate in his or her love of pleasure , but rational in his or her thoughts and ideals . The character each of us creates , depends on whether we give the primary to the body or to the soul . ‘ No man can serve two masters . ‘ It is easy to let the body or the senses or carnal pleasure dominate . All we have to do is to “ let go “ . But it is very hard to have the spirit and the soul and ideals dominate . This requires a harnessing of the sensate and disciplining of our lower appetites . “
In the mornings when I wake up, I like to lay in bed for a few minutes and think about what I have to do for the day, and things in general. This morning, I laid in bed, thinking about everything that’s happened in my life and particularly these past few months and days , and I said to myself things will get better and I pray for the same too asking God for His guidance . Somewhat , God is always being silence in my silent conversation with Him ; I wonder what does that mean………hhhhmmmmmmm. Just like what Bishop Sheen says , the character each of us creates , depends on whether we give the primary to the body or to the soul – I guess Bishop Sheen himself endured that stage in his life at some point of time for him to explain the human senses and chain reaction of the body and soul .
I look forward daily to bluer skies , the morning sun rays among those tall trees surrounding my area and reminding myself every day – life is indeed worth living . After all , after the rain, the sun shines and a rainbow appears – rite ?
No comments:
Post a Comment