by Dawn Jeremiah
" PART of my job in a company that is constantly expanding is to take in job applicants for the marketing department. And I’m pretty used to this.
What I’m not used to, however, is talking to these job applicant’s parents, or having them attend the job interviews together with their children.
But that’s exactly what I’m seeing more of these days.
My first instance would be an intern applicant who I invited over to the office for a chat.
When she arrived, I opened the door to see someone much older and I mentally tried to recall the age of this intern.
This 50-something year old lady walked in and only when I saw the person behind her that I gathered that this lady wasn’t the applicant, but her mother.
She was carrying the interviewee’s files with her and made a gesture of wanting to sit with us inside the interview room.
In shock, I informed her that it wouldn’t be possible. Needless to say, it was a quick interview which ended in 20 minutes.
Last month, we interviewed another intern applicant who brought five of her friends along to the office.
It was quite a sight to see this bunch of college kids talking, laughing and wandering around the entrance of our office while their friend was being interviewed inside the room.
Her excuse? That she did not possess her own transport and had to hitch a ride with her friends . "
Click here to read the continuation ;
No comments:
Post a Comment