Sunday, September 23, 2012

What went wrong ???

Hi folks ! I've been away quite a while eh ??? It's past midnite and here am I again busy tapping around on this lap top of mine whilst the rest are asleep . Well , life was indeed full of drama , action and more . To be honest with you , I was actually in the midst of planning my wedding !
 
Aiks ! It all started some months ago , well to be exact some nine months ago , while I was busy working on my assignment and at the same time having the internet explorer on from an online dating website , I receive an online chat invitation from a stranger . And so I opened up to the invitation and started chatting away with this stranger who somehow looked like a foreigner to me . Along the line of chatting , I discovered that he's a fellow citizen but from mix parentage . After a couple of hours , we decided to exchange handphone numbers and immediately I receive a call from him  . We had a good chat and subsequently , there were more chats and smses that followed in the following days .
 
THEN , came the moment of truth , the day to meet him for the very first time face to face .
Whilst  waiting  for  him  on  a  warm  Saturday  afternoon  for  lunch  ,  my  heart  was  thumping  fast  ,  pacing  the  walkway  across  the  LRT  station  ,   just  wondering  what  his  reaction  or  my  reaction  will  be  seeing  and  meeting  each  other  for  the very  first  time  .   No  though  he  was  a  couple  of  minutes  late  and  not  knowing  which  side  of  the  station  to  exit  ,  I  called  him  up  and  informed  him  that  I  will   be  waiting  in  front   of   Macdonald’s  .  Heart  thumping  again  with  my  hawk  eyes  looking  across  the  street  for  that  smart  looking  pan-Asian  guy  .  Then  ,  there  he  comes  with  a  mega-watt  smile  on  his  clean  shaven  face  and  a  cool  looking  Rayban  shades  .  Instantly  knowing  that  I  was  the  one  and  that  he  was  the  one  ,  we  instantly  embraced  each  other  on  the  spot   not  bothered  for  anything  or  any  one  who  was  staring  at  us  at  that  moment  .  A  moment  that  I  will  never  ever  forget  ,  a  moment  to  be  cherished  !   Immediately  ,  we  walked  hand  in  hand  to   the  Indian  restaurant  nearby (  which  eventually became  his  favourite  )  and  had  lunch  there  that  I  wish   would  never end  .  We  immediately  clicked  so  well   and  left  the  restaurant  after  3  solid  hours  of  chatting  and  of  course  eating  as  well  (  my  longest  lunch  appointment  ever ! )  that  he  walked  me  home  hand  in  hand  again   and  waited   and  only  turned  to  leave  till  I  reached  my  doorstep  .  A  real  gentleman  indeed  .   We  met  up  after  that  almost  everyday  either  he  coming  over  to  my  place  or  me  going  over  to  his place  .  We  were  indeed  inseparable   .  It  was  THE  most  best  time  of  my  life  that  I  had  ever  experienced  .  The  feeling and  all  the  undivided  attention  from  him  ,  made  me  feel  so  blessed  and  the  feeling  of     I’M  THE  LUCKIEST  WOMAN  ON   EARTH    kind  of  thing  .  Wherever  we  went  ,  we  got  all  the  attention  and  stares  because  the  differences  of  our  race  and  his  natural  demeaour  with  people  ,  his  politeness  and  his  ability  to  strike  up  a  friendly  conversation  with  anyone  .  I  remember  vividly  on  one  occasion  ,  when  we  went  to  purchase  a  pair  of  shoes  ,  he  became  so  friendly  with  the  salesgirl  that  she  told  me  straight  to  my  face  that  I’m   really   lucky  for  having  a  man  like  him  as  my  companion  !  I  was  beaming  with  pride  and  joy  -  believe  me  it  felt  really  good .  I  could  see  the  glow  in  his  eyes  and  hear  the  excitement  in  his  voice  each  time  he  introduced  me  to  his  family  and  friends  .  I  even  overheard  a  comment  that  someone  whispered  to  him    you  are  a  lucky  man    -  I  guess  this  is  referring  to  him  introducing  me  to  his  friends  .   I  not  only  felt  lucky  but  I  felt  blessed  too  because  I  believed  in  both  of  us  and  in  this  relationship  that  he  and  I  shared  .  He  even  introduced  me  to  his  pastor  as  the  love  of  his  life  -  the  more  I  was  filled  with  awe .
We  did  little  things  together  like  watching  the  stars  at  night  ,  chatting  for  hours  our  blues  away  ,  going  out  for  a  movie  ,  hanging  around  lounge  and  listening  to  the  performing  band  for  the  night  ,  walking  hand  in  hand  from  one  end  to  the  other  end  of  the  city  and  just  enjoying  each  other’s  company  .  The  flame  was  just  burning  so  brightly  in  this  relationship  .
Sadly  ,  in  the last  couple  of  weeks  ,  the  flame  became  smaller  and  eventually  died  out  .   We  worked  hard  to  revived  it  again  but  we  failed  and  eventually  came  to  a  decision  to  go  our  separate  ways  .  This  was  the  most  painful  part  for  the  both  of  us  because  to  me  ,  this  is   my  very  first  time  falling  in  love  and  it  just  faded  away  with  time  .  I  could  not  get  him  out  of  my  mind  what  more  my  heart  .  For  I  know  that  if  this  were  ever  happen  to  me  in  my  younger  days  ,  I  will  not  be  able  to  bear  the  pain   and  sadness of  breaking  up .  I’m  still  on  the  road  to  recovery  .  Thank  you  for  that  experience  of  a  lifetime  ,  to  fall  in  love . 
Are those your eyes, is that your smile
I've been lookin' at you forever
But I never saw you before
Are these your hands holdin' mine
Now I wonder how I could of been so blind
For the first time I am looking in your eyes
For the first time I'm seein' who you are
I can't believe how much I see
When you're lookin' back at me
Now I understand why love is
Love is for the first time
 
PS/:   I still miss him .............. ;( 
 

No comments: