Saturday, November 30, 2013

Putting my foot in my mouth

There’s this thing that I do ; not very often ; but I do . Lately , I seem to do it a bit too often.
You know how it is . Everyone’s talking about something , and in all the excitement, you get sucked in and say something on hindsight, you shouldn’t have said. It may be that the others didn’t get what you said , or they might even not been bothered about it . After all , what was said was in line with their thoughts , their perception of things . But not entirely yours.
Travelling back home from work yesterday , I thought about the day’s events ; the conversations I had ; and the things I said. AND I squirmed – I felt like I needed a good scrub .
It seems to be the norm to gossip or bitch about others – others who are not located in the office you’re in . It isn’t me . It isn’t me at all . Yet, I seem to sometimes include myself  in this pretty low behavior . AND I HATE IT! WHY do I do that ? I can be such an idiot sometimes. When did I let myself lose my balance ? When did I start following the crowd ?  I just think it is repulsive for someone to constantly demerit others, and it’s even more repulsive when someone else joins in . That would be me .
I’m putting my foot down now . No more flocking together with parrots .

No comments: