"Follow your Heart and trust her voice" A Wedding of soul mates, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
When
I met David and Minie for the first time, they were in the midst of
getting their marriage application sorted out, renovating an apartment
and planning for their wedding. All of that in between Ulsan, in South
Korea and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! You could see straight away that these
two were inspired and motivated by the fact that they were sharing
everything and supporting each other in the process, making the path
enjoyable and rewarding. Minie’s little giggles and smiley eyes were a
definite evidence of that when we met for the first time for their pre-wedding shoot.
On their wedding day, on my way to Carcosa
to meet them, I drove through a thunderstorm followed by torrential
rains. I smiled because I knew that it would be it then, Minie and David
would have their wedding ceremony outside, just like they had planned.


Better than I can do, I am going to let Minie’s voice tell you their story…
“I am a bride of 55 and glowing like a 25…
from the inside. It must be all the love energy and vibes that David and
I are cultivating together and it feels good. I never felt so happy in
my life! The beginning of a match made in heaven happened through…
match.com. Yes, we met on the internet in the autumn of 2009 and
corresponded for 2 months before meeting each other in person, each of
us careful and allowing time to get to know each other. Then the day
came for our first date in Oslo at my ex-sister-in-law’s apartment. I
stayed in the bathroom, nervous and fidgety (no Qigong helped me then)
while Berit greeted David and showed him in. I had not been on a date
for a while but courage, excitement and curiosity drew me out of my
refuge and straight into my future of love, globe-trotting and marriage!
… and so my love story began in December 2009. My life was suddenly
on fast-forward, reeling through time and space and before my brain had
time to analyse, criticise, doubt and express fear to stop my destiny.
With the cosmos on my side and my heart without a doubt, I set course on
the unknown path of love and partnership, daring to test my fear of
trusting and opening my heart fully to another soul and to release the
illusion of hurt.


October 2010: after selling most of my things and packing down the
rest, I jumped on a plane heading for Seoul. Nervous if this
relationship was going to work, sad to be leaving my boys, good friends
and northern Norway, but excited for a new adventure, longing to see my
soul mate. My mind was exploding with every kind of emotion possible. My
heart, on the other hand, strong and constant, was gently reassuring me
that this was the right path to my life of happiness and true love.


Well, it had to be
Korea, the most unlikely place on the map to end our chapter of a single
life and cross the threshold of trials, challenges and beauty of being a
couple, a yin-yang pair, a 2 peas-in-a-pod, a man-woman oneness!
Adjustements to fit into routines, sharing, giving and taking,
surrending, crushing the old skeletons in cupboards etc… were part of
our process the first 1.5 years together. The more we gave to each other
and surrendedred our inner fears and insecurities, our hearts and minds
had more room to grow and expand until finally we were ready to make THE commitment to walk life’s journey…together.
In the morning of
July 2012, while the eastern sun poured her golden rays into our living
room, David went down on his knee and proposed. With eyes wet with joy
and deep sincerity, his heart expressed his deep love for my soul and
his commitment to be my life’s partner.

Before I left, a good
friend in Harstad said to me ” it’s not shameful to turn back and come
home if it doens’t work out” which for me was very encouraging and
supportive. It is true… you have to take risk, or better put, the
opportunities when they come knocking on your door. Fear of the future,
is really an illusion. We are truly captains of our ship, and no one can
put us on course to great adventures except our own hearts. Always be
ready to expect the unexpected in your life!”

“Our
wedding was almost a dream wedding set in the old worl of colonial
Carcosa, surrounded by lush tropical fauna and exotic birds. We
ourselves were surrounded by 50 close family and friends who brought
their joy and love into this divine celebration, as well as those who
could not attend. It was so beautiful! The experience of
having our loved ones, close friends and wonderful in one place was
overwhelming! The bridal party shone with with the exquisite shades of
purple, greens, red and whites. The Bride and Groom walked in a golden
white saree and kurta. It was all too short though!


































“Well, my bridal days have come to an end
but the magic and memories of being a bride for half a day remains vivid
in my mind. Coming home, resting mind and body and slowly landing to
the everyday of expat and married life feels good. A new chapter is
about to begin in our lives and I feel a wind of change gently breezing
in our direction. What adventure is waiting in the next milestone of our
life-journey is hard to see… a secret my heart is keeping until we are
ready…. Wow, I am excited!”

Minie and David, I wish you so much happiness, even
more than the one that you bring to people, as it is clear to me, from
spending your wedding day with you, how much you do bring to the people
around you, being your closest friends, family or even just the
photographer you have only just met. Oh, and keep dancing!
No comments:
Post a Comment