THE PARADOX OF LIFE ; WHO AM I ? “ We recognize that there are no trivial occurrences in life if we get the right focus on them. “ - Mark Twain
Saturday, April 5, 2014
as I see it
I will move on , then , beyond this power of my nature , rising by degrees to HIM who made me . And I come to the fields and spacious palaces of my memory , where the treasures of innumerable images were stored , brought there from all sorts of things perceived by the senses . Further , there is stored up in memory whatever thoughts we think either by enlarging or diminishing , or changing in any other way whose things which the senses have brought in ; in whatever else has been committed and stored up , which forgetfulness has not yet swallowed up and buried . When I enter ' there ' , I ask myself what I want brought forth and some things appear instantly ; other must be sought after longer and are brought as it were out of some inner storage place . Still others rush out in crowds and while only one thing is desired and asked for , they leaped into view as if to say , " Do you perhaps want me ? " I drive this away from the face of my remembrance with the hand of my heart until what I wanted is unveiled and appears in sight out of its secret place . Other things come up readily in unbroken order as they are called for - those in front giving way to those that follow ; and as the make way , they are hidden from sight , ready to come back at my will . All of this takes place when I repeat something by heart .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment