Have you ever come across people who just barged in through their way on your way and all you just feel like doing is giving him or her two tight slaps on the face ?! Well at least I know I have that feeling pumping up and down my adrenaline each time I encounter that horrid situation . But oohh come on , don't tell me that you need to go to the most prestigious university in this world to learn basic manners or morality ?! Does it not come from within your heart to apologize or just say a simple ' execuse me ' ? It makes no different if you are young or old , we are all born with brains and instincts - unless of course you are an odd one born without neither of these - then mmm ! what can I say ?!
I can tell you a few of my personal encounters with people who lacks manners and basic ones that is . During my recent trip to Egypt , at the dinner hall where 4 to 5 people are placed at one siting area , and then you have the basic untensils such as fork , spoon , knife etc.etc.etc placed at the respective table - you get the picture ? Dining tables ? Towards the end of our meal , this old man ( around the ages of 55 to 65 ) from the other table , comes over to the table where me and others are seated and just help's himself by streching out his arm right to the centre of the table where the tootpick together with the pepper and salt bottles are placed , picks up a toothpick or two from the bottle and just buzz's off without even saying if he could take a toothpick or a thanks. This scenario actually went on a few times until I decided to hide away the bottles at the other end of the table. Can you believe how some people behave ? No courtesy at all ! Sshhhs ! And another time , in the train where naturally when I see a pregnant women standing , of course I offer up my seat to that pregnant women. Well what do you know - she just slumps into that seat without even a word of thanks ! Gosh !!! I mean of course I know you are pregnant , hasn't anyone ever taught you to say thank you for the most simplest of act ?!
I'm sad to say this but aren't we all brought up with basic human education which naturally does not require much studying but which definetly requires alot of practise ? But best to be practise on a stranger and when you get feedback , find ways to improvise on your self image and mannerism. It's always good to know that the first impression that we make towards an unknown individual , always leaves a lasting impression which is pretty difficult to be erased from the human mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment