Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Where's everyone when you need them ......???!!!

Recently , I went in search or should I say ' recruiting ' people to help me plan and organize an event. I was advise by my friends of great wisdom and seniority to contact so and so and I'm sure he or she will be more than wiling to help out in planing that great event. Taking upon my friends advice , I decided to make not some but many phone calls based on a long list of names and contact numbers given to me a year ago. And mind you , this name list is five pages long and it took me about an hour and a half contacting people who have attended the said course some two years ago. One lady said that she is just unable to commit for the event because of family commitments , another young lass gave the execuse of work commitment and so eventually the list went on of people declining to help out in any way , directly or indirectly possible until I came to contact another elderly man who not only decline to help out but who also had the cheek to wish me luck ! What a sicko fella this man must be. Does he not know what the shit !!! I'm going through trying to convince people to help me out to make this event a success ?! He further on mentioned to me that when he was in the organising team for the very same event two years ago , he ' claimed ' to have put his whole heart and soul to it to make that event possible. Now how do you think that made me feel ?! Ggrrrrrrr...........!!!!!! I personally know and truly understand that it is not easy to make commitment and time in helping out in any event or function for that matter. But if we do not make time now, then when ever we will make the time to help others ? Don't say that you don't have the time. You NEED to make the time then eventually everything else will fall into place. If we do not have time now , then we will never ever have the time at all to do anything for that matter.

No comments: