THE PARADOX OF LIFE ; WHO AM I ? “ We recognize that there are no trivial occurrences in life if we get the right focus on them. “ - Mark Twain
Saturday, September 19, 2009
I'm back ! I'm back ! I'm back :) !
Greetings my dear friends and fellow bloggers . It's truly wonderful to be back home after being away for two weeks from home and bloggerland . Well , at least I can let the cat out of the bag now - I travelled to Cochin and Mumbai , India all on my own . Spent the first week in Cochin on a spiritual awakening journey and then headed up north to Mumbai for a pretty brief stopover cum vacation at my sister's place in Mumbai . My pretty short vacation in Mumbai was only for three days hence we somehow managed to cover up visiting three common cities and that is Matunga , Bandra and Colabar . And not forgetting , Mumbai itself . As for Cochin which is in the southern part of India , is a pretty interesting city with lotsa of fishing villages and main producers of herbs and spices which grows naturally and rapidly on extremely fertile land throughout the year . Except when it's the monsoon season , growth is pretty stagnate - and that's only for a short while of time . Otherwise agricultural growth is pretty striveful . In Mumbai , overall looks is extremely depressing as I was even taken for a visit to the slums - and what a pitiful sight :( It just reminded me how lucky I am to be living in a truly bountiful and beautiful country like Malaysia - minus the slums ! It really breaks my heart and inner being seeing those poor street kids selling stuff and begging from auto to auto , car to car , taxi to taxi etc.etc.etc. to support them just for a simple meal or the only meal for the day or even survival on the streets . And I'm still counting and thanking my lucky stars for my life here in Malaysia and being a Malaysian . Before I take leave , I promise to post some interesting pictures of both Cochin and Mumbai in my next upcoming post , which I hope will be within the next two to three days . Till then , take care and amigos everyone !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Welcome back!
Mel
Welcome back.. would love to see your photos.
The kids do sound rather pitiful...
Thanks to you both Mel & Terra . Pictures - soon and when I don't feel so lazy ...;)
well, if things dont improve... we might end up like them... seriously.
Welcome back zewt .
& yes I have to agree with your comment too .
Post a Comment