Thursday, September 3, 2009

What's in a word ??? - " MORON "

According to the Oxford English Dictionary , 3rd edition year 1975 , the definition of moron is " adult with mental development of a child of about 8 or 12 " or in a lay man term - a stupid person .

Others define the word ' moron ' as " a person of borderline intelligence in the former classification of mental retardation, having of an intelligence quotent of 50-69 " or can also be " a person who makes uncool , unfunny, uninteresting, or irrelevant attempts to impress others and draw attention to himself ; especially in a flawed attempt to act like someone else " - this definition I have to agree with the professor 100% so true ! One more define it as " A person of mild mental retardation having a mental age of from 7 to 12 years and generally having communication and social skills enabling some degree of academic or vocational education. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive " .

The word in itself ' moron ' , comes from a Greek Etymology Translation known as ' mÅros ' meaning to say ' foolish ' .

Please - allow me to give you an absolute moronic ( if there is such word ) situation , frequently happens in public places or in government offices ( very common to bump into or encounter a few moron’s ) . A very good and common example is at a bustling city residential area . A high maintenance condominium in the heart of a city and my brother happens to live on the 6th floor of this fully furbished condominium surrounded with basic facilities such as a swimming pool , fitness centre , playground , parking bays , conference room , barbecue pit and not forgetting a fabulous city skyline view . Cleanliness is up to par - of course what can one expect when the property value has sky rocket even during present uncertain times . So -unfortunately , not every unit owner or should I just say ‘ moron ‘ tenants live up to it’s standards and I mean a really high quality standard . As mentioned earlier , my dear brother lives on the 6th floor and two to three floors above him , are some foreigners . I’m not sure what are the neighbourhood practises that they ( the foreigners ) have in the country they come from , but they seem to bring along those ‘ disgusting habits ‘ of theirs wherever they go . These foreigners actually throw rubbish out of their condo window ! And yes I mean just throw – wooshhhh ! down to the other units below them just like that ……..! Idiotic , brainless morons ……….. !!!!!! Even a child of five or six years knows very well that rubbish should and must be thrown into it’s place such as a common dustbins ( for residential area / condo / apartment ) or any other provided waste facilities . So what happens when these morons behave in such uneducated and unruly behaviour , the incident eventually caught up to the ears of the condo maintenance office . It happened a few times before it was even referred to the maintenance office . Unfortunately , those morons were left off the hook with just a warning which makes no differences to me as I heard from my brother , that these brainless , uneducated morons still do throw their disposals out of the condo window ! As so explains by the Greeks the etymology for ‘ moron ‘ which derives from the word ‘ mÅros ‘ is just plain foolishness of the intelligent mind . We are all born intelligent , but at the end of the day , it all draws down to us as to how we wish to use that intelligence that is given to us by the Creator .



On a more funnier note - the quote below : -

" I am amazed at radio DJ's today. I am firmly convinced that AM on my radio stands for Absolute Moron. I will not begin to tell you what FM stands for " :)



by Jasper Carrot


4 comments:

zewt said...

yes, moronic is a word :)

the condo should have an internal police dept go control all these. I know some condos which do that.

Terra Shield said...

That's just plain disgusting... how could anyone throw rubbish that way, I wonder.

PS: Love the quote!

Terra Shield said...

By the way, I was just wondering... why can't I link to your blog? When I copy and paste your url, it leads me to another site, after which it tells me that the site is not available. Any ideas?

Unicorn Girl said...

zewt : I guess in a matter of time these condo's too will have their internal police on patrol around the units.

Terra Shield :
There aare still people like that you know ......
I'm not sure Terra about the URL , maybe the name is too common.